DSLR Photography: Introduction to Portraiture & Lighting, a 3 week Course - With Charlotte Snowden & Scarlet Page
Monday afternoons: 1pm - 3pm
20th April, 27th April, 4th May
This 3 week course gives you the rare opportunity of having not one, but TWO highly respected Photographers teaching you their tips, tricks and knowledge - we're delighted to have renowned photographers Charlotte Snowden & Scarlet Page in the studio to take you over the basic principles of mastering and understanding your DSLR. There will be lots of time for you to get hands-on with your camera and to practise with different set-ups in natural light (outdoors) and using backdrops and varied lighting methods (indoors).
This three week course will focus on:
- The Exposure Triangle - ISO, aperture and shutter speed
- The 10 rules of composition and putting this all into practise
- An introduction to Portraiture and Lighting techniques
- Experimenting with different lighting (natural and strobe, coloured backdrops and shooting props and models
- A one on one ‘crit’ on images you have taken so far with constructive feedback, a chance to explore any ‘grey’ areas you may have and give you full confidence in your camera.
- A demonstration of Photoshop image retouching.
You will need a DSLR which can be set to manual mode, please bring a laptop, charger and memory cards for your camera.
Aimed at amateur photographers who know some of the basics but wish to extend their knowledge of using their camera on manual mode. You will come away with confidence in mastering your camera in full manual mode and gain a plethora of tips.
Age 17+ (no exceptions)
Places are non-refundable and non-transferable.
For any questions about booking a place on this workshop please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DSLR Photography: An intro to Portraiture and Lighting, a 3 week Course
All our tutors are self-employed which means that if a student cancels, the tutor loses out. We ask that you make extra sure that you are able to make the dates of this course before booking as we regret, we are unable to offer refunds.